How Much Does a Kitchen Remodel Cost?
Are you thinking about remodeling your kitchen? Do you want to rip out everything and start again? Or are there only a few things you would change? This is a big decisions if you’re wondering how much a new kitchen design costs. If you’re wanting to do a lot of work then this will obviously cost more but there are certain techniques you can do, such as getting N-Hance of Quad Counties to refinish your cabinets, that can give your kitchen a new look and also save you a lot of money if you’re on a budget. “How much does kitchen remodeling cost” is actually one of the most frequently asked questions in this industry-and one of the most complex to answer!
There is no universal, one-price-fits-all-scenarios kind of answer. Keep in mind that a kitchen can be renovated on just about any budget! The scope of the project and certain types of products will affect the overall cost. Your kitchen remodel could fall in the $5,000 – $15,000 range or could be over $50,000. It all depends.
Factors that Influence the Cost of Kitchen Remodeling
There are a few different factors that will ultimately impact the overall price of the remodeling project, including:
- Size of your kitchen – is your space 150 square feet or 800 square feet?
- Scope of the project – do you want an entirely new design or just want new cabinets? A completely new kitchen design will cost more than just cabinet and hardware replacement.
- Cabinetry – there are stock, semi-custom, and custom cabinets available. As you can probably guess, custom cabinets are more expensive than stock cabinets (but can better enhance the overall design of your kitchen).
- Materials – the materials in your kitchen-including appliances, countertops, flooring, etc.-can make a difference in the price. Vinyl, for instance, tends to be less expensive than wood and stainless steel.
- Your wants and needs – Extra features you may want or even need in your kitchen, like crown molding, banquette seating, backsplash, etc. add onto the overall cost.
What Does Kitchen Remodeling Cost?
“How much does a kitchen remodel cost?” is kind of similar to “how much does a car cost?” It depends on what you get! Do you want a used car with none of the fancy extras or are you interested in a brand new car with XM radio, a sun roof, and heated seats? The same thing goes for a kitchen remodel. Do you want just new cabinets and a new light fixture or do you want new cabinets, new countertops, tile backsplash, and a bay window?
According to HomeAdvisor, in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, the average reported cost of a kitchen remodel (based on over 200 cost profiles) is $23,107 with most homeowners spending between $19, 831 and $26,383. A major kitchen remodel will probably cost more than this.
However, you can recoup these remodeling costs. According to Remodeling magazine’s 2013 Cost vs. Value Report, in the South Atlantic region-including Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia-the average cost recouped value is 71 percent for a major kitchen remodel that costs $51,044 and about 75 percent for a minor remodel that costs $17,476. For upscale projects, the cost recouped value for a $103, 317 kitchen remodel is about 60 percent.
Custom Kitchen Designers Serving MD, DC & VA
If you want to remodel your kitchen, the Jack Rosen Custom Kitchens team looks forward to helping you. We design custom kitchens and supply beautiful custom cabinetry for homeowners throughout Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and feel free to stop by our showroom in Rockville!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now