Kitchen Design Questions: Interview Your Designer
Are you getting ready to remodel your kitchen and looking for local designers? Before you start your project, there are several kitchen design questions to consider and things to ask your design team.
Questions to Ask Your Kitchen Designer
About the company
It’s good to get a little background on your kitchen designer before beginning. In fact, you should pick more than one design team and ask questions to find out which one would be the best fit. Be sure to ask questions like:
- How long have you been designing kitchens?
- Have you won any awards or do you have any special accomplishments?
- Can you provide work samples?
- Can you provide references or testimonials?
- Do you have a website I could visit?
- How long does the kitchen design process generally take?
- How many designs will you provide?
- How do you stay updated with new industry standards, trends, products etc.?
- Do you supply cabinetry? If so, are they eco-friendly? What materials are used?
- Do you provide estimates?
- How do you charge for your kitchen design services?
About Kitchen Design
Asking certain questions can help you get a better understanding of what you want and can help you determine your design needs. Include general kitchen design questions such as:
- What are popular kitchen design trends?
- Which features make a kitchen with timeless style?
- Would an island be suitable for my space?
- What are the best types of material for counters, flooring, etc.?
- How can I make my kitchen more eco-friendly?
- If I want to increase resale value of my home, what should I add to my kitchen?
- Should I consider a more open floor plan?
- Should I get stock cabinetry or consider custom cabinets?
- How much of my budget should I allocate for appliances, flooring, countertops, etc.?
Asking the right questions can make your whole kitchen design project go more smoothly and ensure your new space turns out exactly how you want. If you live in the Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia area, contact Jack Rosen today!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now