Cabinetry Designs & Styles
There is a reason why the design experts at Jack Rosen Custom Kitchens prize kitchen cabinetry so highly. No other area of your home is more versatile, yet space defining. The range of materials is near limitless, and kitchens provide a wonderful opportunity to blend design and function seamlessly to create something unique. This quality can, of course, present some unique issues as well. Kitchen design is abundantly diverse, which means making decisions and attempting to create the perfect dream kitchen may seem daunting.
Kitchen Cabinetry: Four Styles of Cabinetry Design
Classic Kitchen Cabinetry
Never mistake the term classic for “old”, or “drab”. Classic kitchen design is timeless, allowing for decisions that allow malleability while still providing a solid base to decorate and design around. Classic kitchen cabinets may:
- Feature stark contrasts.White is a common feature of classic cabinets, as they allow for statements to be made with bold countertops, or appliances. This makes a traditional kitchen really pop, and feel comfortable while remaining highly functional.
- Highly versatile design.By choosing soft, solid-color cabinets you allow for a design that can evolve over time, along with your tastes or even the seasons.
- Ornate details. Carved designs, rounded or detailed edges, and other eye-catching features make classic cabinetry beautiful and intricate to look at.
Rustic Kitchen Cabinets
Many of us are familiar with the term rustic. It is often set off by broad, earthy tones, and a sense of comfort that is unmatched with any other style. To create custom cabinet design suited to rustic, consider:
- Choosing a deep, woody appearance.Natural wood tones are right at home in a rustic kitchen. Utilize traditional woods like oak or teak, or go a little more “off the path” with cherry or The result is a gorgeous design that flawlessly creates a comfortable feel.
- Utilizing stone.Stone countertops fit seamlessly into a rustic design, and add a lot of function as well. Additionally, they can make quite a statement, featuring as nearly a centerpiece all their own.
- Farmhouse sinks and tables: Large, deep sinks and a farmhouse tables are staples of a rustic design. Choose cabinets that complement the warm, comfortable feel of a rustic kitchen.
Modern Kitchen Cabinets
A modern kitchen is sleek, streamlined, and aims for a higher level of function. A favorite of those who spend much of their time cooking, and need large amounts of clean, free space and smart design. For your modern cabinets, think about:
- Frameless cabinets.A frameless cabinet is ideal for clean, even surface that creates a visually appealing space for those who prefer consistency. Frameless cabinets provide plenty of free space, and allow for a lot of organization.
- Seek straight lines.If using wood for your cabinets, utilize wood that allows a natural, one-way grain. Oak serves well here, as well as walnut.
Contemporary Kitchen Cabinets
Contemporary is often confused with modern, and in many ways they are somewhat interchangeable. The difference lies in contemporary’s somewhat “fusion” status. It features high-function and simple design that can also seamless incorporate other designs and plays well with them. For contemporary cabinets, you want to consider your space as a whole, and they are often designed after the overall design is chosen. Contemporary goes will with:
- Trendy styles.Old designs used in new ways, or something that juxtaposes well against other kitchen styles is perfect for contemporary cabinetry.
Custom Cabinetry in Montgomery County, MD with Jack Rosen
Our custom design team is proud to provide the cabinets that suit your dream kitchen seamlessly. Contact Jack Rosen today to learn more about our design options, or to set an appointment.
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now